[thelist] Netscape 7 vs Mozilla

Saila, Craig csaila at globeandmail.ca
Thu Aug 28 15:31:51 CDT 2003

Ken Wan wrote:
> Not sure if this has been discussed recently but I was wondering if
> someone can enlighten me or refer me to information regarding the
> differences between Netscape 7 and the most recent Mozilla build, in

There shouldn't be much difference in basic page rendering (may be a
result of plug-ins or advanced CSS).

 Netscape 7.1 = Mozilla 1.4 ~= Firebird 0.6
 Netscape 7.0x = Mozilla 1.0.2
 Netscape 7.0 = Mozilla 1.0.1
(Mozilla 1.5 and Firebird 0.7 should be equivalent when released --
there isn't expected to be a Netscape release to match)

More info at:
"Comparing Netscape 7.x Vs. Mozilla For Your Organization"
<http://devedge.netscape.com/central/gecko/2003/comparison/>

And

"Netscape Gecko User Agent Strings"
<http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/gecko-useragent-strings/>