[thelist] ASP: Allow clients to upload images to server ???

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Aug 29 11:09:31 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Casey Crookston" <casey at thecrookstons.com>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:46 AM

> The site is developed in ASP and is hosted in IIS (2k v5.0 I believe).
I'd
> like to restrict access so that images can only be placed in the correct
> folder, and they would need to be able to do it FROM A BROWSER!!!   (I
don't
> want to have to teach them to use an FTP client.)

There are lots of ways to accomplish this... here is one such way:

If you can require them to use IE 5.0+, then you may look at creating an FTP
account that points to that folder only, then put an iframe on the page
where the url uses the FTP protocol (example:
ftp://www.mydomain.com/uploadimages)

Good luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer