[thelist] test - please disregard (tips owed and delivered)

Sam sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Aug 29 13:32:11 CDT 2003

ooh, I get to tell Jared Spool he owes a tip!

Jared, cough up

And from me:
<tip type="Windows - grabbing filenames">
Explorer.exe (the windows file explorer) - and its Find integration - is
a great way visualize a set of files - perhaps filtered or sorted by
last modified. Now you want all their names so you can pass them as
arguments to a cmd line script, or batch file, or whatever.
I found a little utility written as a part of a PC Magazine tutorial
which will let do just that. It is FileGrab, by Michael J. Mefford
available at: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,5752,00.asp

You select and copy the files you are interested in from explorer (or
any open/save file dialog), paste them into FileGrab, and get them back
out as a plain text list. Not an extraordinary feat of Windows
programming I'm sure, but a hugely useful one for me.
</tip>