[thelist] Flash results table

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Fri Aug 29 16:01:51 CDT 2003

Situation:
I am currently developing a Flash MX application that will display the
results of three different arrays.  This application cannot use any program
languages(ASP, PHP, etc.) or connect to a database. Thus, the reason for the
arrays. (By the way - is using arrays the best solution to simulate database
connectivity?)

The arrays are loaded from an external .txt file. I have explored the
possibility of dynamically creating movieclips and textFields. I got this
working correctly, but with all the different depths, targeting where the
mouse clicked was impossible.

Problem:
How can I display the results in a table format (rows and columns)? Also,
each result would need to be clickable. Are there any good tutorials about
this out there? I can't seem to find them - all I found was how to import
HTML tables into Flash - not exactly what I want.

Any help would be appreciated.