[thelist] web browser chooser?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Sep 1 13:05:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:19:21 -0500, Wil Cone <wil at inaridesign.com> wrote:

> Does anything like this exist (software, registry hack, etc.) for Win2K?
> I'd like to be able to right-click or control-click (or some equivalent)
> a link and have the option to "open in IE" or "open in Firebird" or
> "open in Opera".
>
> - Wil

In windows explorer go to folder options / file types

select the extension you want to open  e.g htm

click the advanced button and "add" an action - e.g   action[ firebird ]
and select the program that will execute that action (browse to the
firebird exe)

now when you right click an htm file there will be a firebird option -
click it to open with firebird.

repeat for browsers and file extensions of your choice.

HTH

Tony

--
http://www.xebit.net/

Sent with M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=627923