[thelist] Re: [thechat] Mumbai bomb blasts

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Tue Sep 2 09:09:09 CDT 2003

Tara Cleveland wrote:
> I think the point is summed up rather well by the chorus of an old Holly
> Near
> song (yes, I did grow up in a very hippie household):

Eeeeek! Sorry everyone, I replied to the wrong email and ended up sending to
thelist. Bad Tara. (cue slapping wrist sound).

Tippage...

<tip type="business sense" author="Tara Cleveland">
Trust your gut. If you have a sneaking suspicion that a client won't pay,
will be a huge PITA or generally get a bad vibe from them, protect yourself
with a decent contract that a lawyer has gone over. Or if you can afford to,
turn them down. It'll save time and money in the long run. But, even if your
head is saying the client is fine, your gut is probably right.
</tip>