[thelist] Website ROI

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Tue Sep 2 22:42:24 CDT 2003

We've been looking for some good articles/sources on the "payback", or
return-on-investment, for building a small business website. This could
be from increased business (website as marketing tool) or from direct
sales (e-commerce enabled site).

We have some numbers that suggest that selling $1000 worth of product
per month will allow a new e-commerce site to pay for itself in one
year. So, this would indicate a tipping point: if you/your customer
believe that an e-commerce site will do that much business in a year,
it will pay for itself.

Anyone have any good tidbits they'd like to share?

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com