[thelist] [IE] bizarre vanishing text errors

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 2 22:27:05 CDT 2003

I have to say that my font-size but sounds really similar. Font-size
looks ok until you either click on a link or maybe click on a
popup-window that obscures the page. Come back to the page and voila!
The text is all really big!

Not only is Mac IE a bug-ridden POS that should be retired, so is Win
IE6. I've just done some extensive work to write clean, simplified html
and css for a web application, and 100% of the time if I came across
something that didn't work as expected, it was in IE6. Grrr!

If our company is smart, they'll design for standards compliant
browsers, then tell all their customers that to use the product they
need to download a standards compliant browser and forget about IE. I'm
pushing them slowly (very slowly) but surely in that direction. They're
starting to listen.

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 04:12 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Paul Bennett wrote:
>

>> Has anyone encountered this before? Can anyone replicate it ?
>>
>> I have seen the same error on our home page
>> http://www.teltest.com
>> where the main text will not show up in IE until a link is moused
>> over.....?
>>

> Peekaboo Bug.
> http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/peekaboo.html
Boyfriend: 3 years, 3 PCs. Each one purchased after the previous one
died.
Me: 9 years, 3 Macs. Each one purchased because I wanted it. They all
still work perfectly.