[thelist] CSS sometimes working sometimes not, on phorum, IE6.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 3 09:32:54 CDT 2003

sometimes on my own site, if i click like a madman over and over
to reload the page, every now and then the CSS file doesn't make it
down with the request -- the connection is dropped, network traffic,
i'm reloading so fast it cuts the connection, etc...

first, make sure the PHP/CSS file is actually there and has values --
 it is possible your PHP could be erroring and so there is nothing in
the file to pass... you did say the CSS file is a PHP file that
dynamically generates values... it's possible it breaks every now
and then... so look at the PHP first...

then see if it's just a function of you being reload-happy and
clicking around too fast, causing IE to just not get the file once in a
while...

> From: "Damien COLA" <damiencola at wanadoo.fr>
[...]
> http://www.varmalin.com/?var=forum
> then you can cick several times on FORUM on the top bar and you'll see
> that happening :
>
> Sometimes (most often) the CSS is working, but sometimes it doesn't
> work and the text is plain without style at all.
[...]

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers