[thelist] CSS sometimes working sometimes not, on phorum, IE6.

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 3 11:24:28 CDT 2003

Hello, it's not that I am refresh maniax, the .php is here and working
each time.
The behavior is happening quite frequently, so that I can be sure of
seeing it if I want to. perhaps it will be the first time I load the
page, but it won't happen later than the 10th try at max.

It happens like this, without any fixed reason I can spot, if you tried
http://www.varmalin.com/?var=forum
It can be the first time you look at it, or the fifth, because it
doesn't really matters when it happens.

My php file is at  :
http://www.varmalin.com/forum/phorum.css.php

It uses session_start() so if there're values set in the session, the
colors values will be different, otherwise they default to the output
you can read.

I've tried loading the file lots of times it always comes up fine.

But I take your point on CSS file not coming with the request, what i am
seeing is the kind of results you'd get if you didn't have the CSS file
where you're supposed to, but then it would be ALWAYS not showing, not
sometimes.

One thing I've noticed is that when the page is displayed without CSS
(when the bug occurs) I cannot view the source of the page, IE6 won't
let me.

I am ashame of saying that I didn't bother checking on another browser
because I haven't one installed and I am only interested in resolving
this bug in IE.

Cordialement,
  Damien COLA
    http://www.VarMalin.com