[thelist] Good Examples of XHTML Usage

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Sep 3 15:15:16 CDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Dan Romanchik wrote:

> This evening (and for the next 15 weeks), I'm going to be teaching a basic
> course on web design. This course is going to focus on using XHTML and CSS
> instead of HTML. So, do any of you know of good examples of pages crafted
> with XHTML that I can use as examples?

There's a whole list of them here:

  http://www.goer.org/Markup/TheXPhiles/

Most of them are heavy on tech content and light on design, though. I'm
not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying that only a few of them
are going to to stand out, visually.

And my personal homepage validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and has a
style switcher that lets you try out several different site styles. Due
to feature creep, some of the styles may have some glitches,
particularly in IE.

Someone else already mentioned the CSS Zen Garden, which is undoubtably
the most impressive site out there for demonstrating the flexibility of
CSS-based web design.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/