[thelist] CF: CFPOP choking on large boxes

Frank frank at frankmarion.com
Wed Sep 3 17:29:58 CDT 2003

I've got a situation where I schedule CFPOP to check for the content of a
box. At first it worked fine, then when the viruses came, there was a
larger number, and CFPOP just kept choking on the number. Now I have a box
with close to 10 thousand emails that need to be handled, and CFPOP keeps
choking, unable even to get the message count (so that I can chew them up
by downloading one at a time.)

I though I need the full email, I could handle getting just the header for
the message number, then downloading it in full, but it won't even get the
headers for a single message because it tries to get the message record count.

Can someone suggest an approach whereby I can get cfpop to get my email?

Thanks.

CF 4.5sp2
RH Linux
Tonnes of ram and drive and cpu power.