[thelist] ASP: Performance question

Gary McPherson genyus at ingenyus.net
Wed Sep 3 21:16:11 CDT 2003

Hey all. I'm working on a community site which as one of it's features
allows members to create their own skins and upload them for use by
other users, pending approval by site admin team. A skin will consist of
one or more .css files any image files and possibly a .js file for any
necessary scripting. My question is this: to retrieve all the files for
any given skin, I could either save the list of files in the db and just
run a query to retrieve the filenames, or I could call the
filesystemobject to pull out all the file names from the associated
folder - which method is likely to be quicker and less labour-intensive
on the server?

Many thanks,

Gary