[thelist] CF: CFPOP choking on large boxes

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Sep 3 22:17:24 CDT 2003

At 06:10 PM 2003-09-03 -0700, you wrote:
 >have you tried using an action of "getHeaderOnly" instead
 >of "getall"?

Yes.

 >better yet, using the "messagenumber" attribute to
 >retrieve only a certain number of messages at a time. from
 >the documentation

 >equally better, use the "startrow" and "maxrows"
 >attributes to grab them in smaller chunks that the server
 >can handle at one time.

Yes, i'm using maxrows=1. Think MX could handle that kind of load?

 >for starters, lose the cf4.5, especially on linux. if
 >you're adamant about being on linux, at least upgrade to
 >cf5, which addresses *many* performance/scabality issues
 >that plagued cf4.5.

 >better yet, upgrade to cfmx. surely the few things you've
 >had problems with in cfmx are minute in comparison to all
 >the cf4.5 related issues you've had as of late, eh?

I agree. In time this will be the way, but the business has to afford the
cost. It's still a very young startup with little cash flow. For the time
being, I'm testing cfx_pop3. It's got potential,and for $99US, it's in the
company's budget.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.