[thelist] PHP at Crystal Tech

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Thu Sep 4 00:01:56 CDT 2003

> Trying to make a PHP mail script work at Crystal Tech.
> Their normally excellent support seems to have gone south for the winter.

oh my

perhaps coincidence, but tonight i had to call them

first time in almost a year

my entire site was broken, because my nav bar runs off a database query, and
the DSN entry for the database got screwed up somehow

so i called them in phoenix from here in toronto, toll free, got through in
about two or three rings, and the guy fixed it for me right there on the
phone, even told me how to fix it myself if it ever happens again (drop the
DSN registration and re-add it through the control panel)

altogether, about 5 minutes from the time i noticed the problem until it was
fixed

dude, they have the best support i've ever experienced,

or even heard of

> Why can't we just use PHP's built-in capabilities?

dunno, maybe because it's running on windows servers, where the built-in
shiznitz won't work?

try posting your question on their forum

there's always several keen people hanging around, including their support
guys (but always call support first)

<tip type="web optimization">
August 29, 2003
The new and improved Web Page Analyzer is back!
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
</tip>

rudy