[thelist] [OT?] Bandwidth Monitoring

Dan Williams dan at ithium.net
Thu Sep 4 02:20:28 CDT 2003

That's a matter of opinion, and a bit misleading.

First, pretty much every web control panel offers bandwidth monitoring.
Most (including cPanel) do this through 3rd-party software... In other
words, you don't have to have cPanel (or any other panel) in order to
use that software.

Second, although you may like cPanel, it is troublesome, very poorly
written, and lacks support. I will leave my comments at that, because I
don't want to start a war, but I basically don't think you should try
promoting cPanel when that wasn't the question.

So, in answer to the question, there are a few bits of software that
monitor bandwidth (bandmin springs to mind), however the most accurate
way to tell is from the router itself.

::] Krycek [::