[thelist] XHTML or HTML WAS Good Examples of XHTML Usage

Bill Mason evolt at accessibleinter.net
Thu Sep 4 08:47:32 CDT 2003

At 04:48 AM 9/4/2003, Ben Morrison wrote:
>Should I be using HTML 4 or XHTML?

I usually argue that if you have to ask the question, then you have no real
need for XHTML and can just stay with HTML.

The qualification I make is that if you're willing to make sure your code
isn't going to pollute the future (that is, won't roll over and die the day
you start serving your XHTML as application/xhtml+xml), then use XHTML if
you fancy it.  But I find over and over on mailing lists, newsgroups, etc.
that if the person has to ask which one, then 9 times out of 10 they have
no compelling reason to be using XHTML except they just feel like doing it.

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
evolt at accessibleinter.net
http://www.accessibleinter.net/