[thelist] RE: Hebrew enabled Windows & Word

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Thu Sep 4 11:24:47 CDT 2003

Quoting Jon Ambrose <jon.ambrose at btopenworld.com>:

[ snip ]

> I have been advised the following contrasting information:-
> 1. Either need to buy a new version of Windows OS specifically for
> Israel/Hebrew, or,
> 2. If have WXP Home I should be able to set it up accordingly for
> Hebrew/Israel settings at no cost - may need to download drivers/patches
> from Micrsoft web site but that would be it.

In Windows XP Professional, you can install support for multiple languages and
keyboard layouts. A lot of languages are installed by default, but you can
install additional support for languages (the files are in the install CD).

>From Control Panel, open up the Regional and Language Options applet. Click on
the language tab. From there, you can install the additional supported
languages. Once you have installed the appropriate files, click on Details at
the Language tab, then click on Add to add language support for whatever
language you want.

To switch keyboard "modes" -- you can hit Alt + left shift. This works in
Notepad, and also Word, etc.  There is also a language bar that you can use to
switch languages.

Hoping this helps,
--
Burhan Khalid