[thelist] XHTML or HTML WAS Good Examples of XHTML Usage

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 4 22:17:41 CDT 2003

Wow that was quite a response. I thought I would corroborate one of
your claims. I have a web site that validates for XHTML, and doesn't
sent browsers into quirks mode and it works fine in Netscape 3.

I would spend more effort on learning XHTML. This industry is at such
an infancy, and I see the browser as becoming not the only appliance
people will use in the not so distant future. I have a phone that can
view XHTML (though I haven't tried it because I can't figure it out.)

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 02:31 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

>> Current UAs are HTML user agents (at best) and certainly not XHTML
>> user agents (certainly not when sent as text/html), so if you send
>> them XHTML you are sending them content in a language which is not
>> native to them, and relying on their error handling.
>
> Show me a browser that can handle HTML and not XHTML.
Boyfriend: 3 years, 3 PCs. Each one purchased after the previous one
died.
Me: 9 years, 3 Macs. Each one purchased because I wanted it. They all
still work perfectly.