[thelist] photoshop blending

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Fri Sep 5 18:56:46 CDT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Andrew wrote:
> The image is a beach with blue sky.  I am trying to achieve part of the
> bottom beach at the bottom and part of the top of the sky at the top.
> It is 9.7mm H and 210mm W (landscape) so that the middle is white (for
> text) but I dont want the clean edges i get by just cutting out the
> middle.  It would be nice to have the full picture with the middle faded
> or just blended leaving white?

This is an easy way to do it with a lot of control:
http://wrack.org/~khallman/blending.html

(During the time spent creating the images I see a couple people have
answered with roughly the same technique, hopefully this makes it easy to
see the steps.. it's easy and really opens up a lot of Photoshop
possibilities when you understand channels/masks)

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/