[thelist] Website on CD

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Sep 6 04:48:38 CDT 2003

Hi

A client just asked me "Can we put the website on a CD? I have clients who
keep asking me for a CD, they don't have an Internet connection."

My first thought was that you can't ask a non-Internet person to "put in
the cd, fire up your web browser, and point it at your files" cus they
won't know what their web browser is.

Then a friend said "they can just click on the file and the browser will
load". Hurrah.

Then I realised, the site uses php, so they'd have to have a web server
running.

Has anyone got any directions for me to start looking in?

Cheers