[thelist] iframe content is lost

Fernando J. Gomez fgomez at criba.edu.ar
Sat Sep 6 11:02:01 CDT 2003

Daniel Frey <danieljohnfrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had this exact same problem with a site I'm developing - I found that I
> needed to first set the visibility of the div back to block, and then do
> something like:
>
> v_iframe = document.getElementById('myIframe');
> v_iframe.src = v_iframe.src;

Well, that's some progress! :-)

I'm better now with your solution, but... when the frame source is reloaded,
you obviously see the top part of the contained page, and it would be nice
not to lose the exact position you were reading before the "frame hiding".

What I've found is that when you wrap your IFRAME with a DIV, and toggle the
display property of that DIV, everything works right (regardless of any
table in which the DIV might be contained). But in this case, I wanted to
'display: none' not only an IFRAME, but a whole table which, among other
things, contains the IFRAME.

Before I get too boring, I say thank you, and let's see if other ideas
spring up. :-)

Fernando

Fernando J. Gómez

Biblioteca Dr. Antonio Monteiro
Instituto de Matemática de Bahía Blanca (CONICET/UNS)
Av. Alem 1253
8000 Bahía Blanca - Argentina