[thelist] Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 problems

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Sep 9 07:41:22 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Lytollis" <leslytollis at dimensions-corporatewear.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 3:46 AM

> I have installed Commerce Server 2002 and the International Retail Site
> and can browse from the host server without a problem.However when I try
> to access the site from a browser on another machine I get the IE
> "cannot find server or DNS error" message.

> I have installed the netcatalogsitelet and netordersitelet and can see
> them fine. All the same permissions and users. All using Windows
> Authentication. Any ideas where to start?

Les,

In the Commerce Manager there is a setting for the host name.  Open up the
manager and go to the following position in the tree:

Console Root -> Commerce Server Manager -> Commerce Sites -> [sitename] ->
Applications ->[machinename]/[the non-bizdesk entry]

Right-click on it and open the properties.

Set the nonsecure host name to the IP or whatever DNS entry you've made for
the machine.

That's it.

There is code in the International Retail Site to redirect all requests to
anything other than the host in this property to this host name.

HTH,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.