[thelist] Case Statements and > < signs (was: Front End...)

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Sep 10 08:14:53 CDT 2003

<snip>
most likely, if all the tables are sql server linked tables in access

but you'll have to use different syntax for sure.
</snip>

Yah I know. Which is why I've changed the subject line for the new vexing
problem I'm having.

I cannot, to save my life, get the stupid CASE statement to understand the
trichotomy axiom operators (i.e. >, <, >=, <=, etc.). For example:

CASE r.Footage >= 200 AND r.AllocatedBy Is Null THEN [r.Footage] ELSE 0 END
AS lengthsmore225,
   gives me
Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 15
Line 15: Incorrect syntax near '>'.

Is this for real?! I'm thinking of an alternative using the BETWEEN keyword
and that may solve my problem.

Rob