[thelist] Photo Manipulation Software

Jono Young Jono at brookgroup.com
Wed Sep 10 09:39:07 CDT 2003

If I had to choose a Consumer level application, Elements would be it, 11
time out of 10.  If you have a student in the family, or are a student
yourself, you can get a discount price on Elements from some software
vendors.

Another suggestion/option is GraphicConverter which is shareware that will
function as a registered version, as long as you don't mind waiting  30
seconds or more for the - Please register this app - splash screen to go
away when you launch GraphicConverter.  I am not sure how many manipulation
tool it has, but it will do basic editing, and color correction...I haven't
used it in a while, so I am not sure of its current capabilities.

As always shop around.  I always check Bizrate for the best price, and
reviews of the vendors who have the best price.  Make sure who you buy from
has a good reputation first...that is unless you go to your local software
selling store.

Good luck!

--
Jono Young