[thelist] JavaScript open.window CGI-BIN question

Amy Johnson amy at rocky-hills.com
Wed Sep 10 15:29:43 CDT 2003

I have created a series of CGI Perl scripts that generate dynamic HTML
pages for a web site.  They are sitting in the cgi-bin directory on a
UNIX box.  My problem is that the dynamically created pages call a
JavaScript file in the main directory that uses the open.window
command.  It all used to work fine.  But something happened (maybe on
a system level) and now all the JavaScript works EXCEPT the
open.window command.  It just plain doesn't work (no window pops up)
from the cgi-bin Perl scripts.  It does however still work from the
main directory HTML files.  Any ideas about what might be wrong on a
system level so I can probe this issue more with the system
administrators?  I don't know much about JavaScript so I'm clueless as
to why this all stopped working.

Thanks,
Amy