[thelist] dhtml menus - how they're built

Chris Price chris.price at speed-mail.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 07:52:15 CDT 2003

I have just been looking for eCommerce solutions and fell upon
Nexternal.com.
I was quite taken by the dhtml menu at:
http://www.nexternal.com/ecommerce/demos.htm

I'm not a great fan of this type of navigation because they are often quite
aggravating but I would like to know how to build them.

Could anyone recommend a good book on that covers this topic.

I have looked at some solutions such as Milonic but the code seems
incredibly complex and involved and there is no way I can work out what's
going on.

I have some experience of JavaScript and CSS.

Ps. There must be an article on Evolt covering this but I haven't had much
luck with searches there. Any tips on Evolt searches?

--
Chris Price