[thelist] What's worse? opinions wanted!!

John.Brooking at NA.SAPPI.COM John.Brooking at NA.SAPPI.COM
Thu Sep 11 08:04:59 CDT 2003

Rudy said:
>p.s.  please, if you can spare the time, learn how to lay out a web page
>without using tables

Can you point out a good resource for doing that, or give us a few-sentence
summary? Are there tips about it here? Some places I've seen this discussed
talk about using the CSS positioning styles, even CSS2, but I thought that
most browsers do not support those specs very well. Are you saying it is
possible with just DIVs and SPANs? (I've had some success doing just that,
but I'm not sure I've really got the gist of it yet, certainly not enough to
simulate nested tables. Wrapping and applying borders are particular issues
I still have using just CSS.)

- John

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither
the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated
companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from
accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.