[thelist] iframe properties

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 10:54:11 CDT 2003

Hi folks,

I have a situation where I need to dynamically resize an iframe
width. However, I don't believe it is possible to do so. I've
searched around quite a bit with no luck but I wanted to check and
see if anyone out here knew of a way. Although width and height are
attributes of the iframe, there doesn't appear to be a way to script
them - (although Danny G. implies it can be done in his JS Bible -
but doesn't explain how...).

I actually have the width and height set as part of an inline style,
but the style object is not apparently reachable (iframe.style is
null).

I've even used a real nice object inspector called JOE - which you
can check out for yourself at:

http://www.geocities.com/leiveriksson/home.htm (look at JOE)

It's one of the view reliable object editor/viewer type thingies I
ever used. There doesn't appear to be any scriptable property to
change the width..

So - anyone?

TIA

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward