[thelist] Testing for Popup Blockers

Amy Johnson amy at rocky-hills.com
Thu Sep 11 22:22:07 CDT 2003

I have taken over a site that uses loads of JavaScript popup windows
for its shopping cart (I know - I've told the client this is bad
news).  My client does not want to change this right now.  Meanwhile I
now know that this is a problem with the Popup Blockers.  I thought
maybe I could at least test for the popup blocker and let the user
know that he'll have to disable it to use the shopping cart.  I hate
doing things half-*ss but I'm working with my hands tied behind my
back right now.

So can anyone lead me to some Perl code that would test for a Popup
Blocker?

Thanks.
Sigh.
Amy