[thelist] Reg Ex - everything except a phrase

Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant) ETarun at blr.cognizant.com
Fri Sep 12 01:49:42 CDT 2003

>Nice regex... very smooth thinking.  However, it does match "Hello Fred" on
>my test engine, and it should not.  I believe that is because word
>boundaries do not always match with end of line depending on what platform
>your testing on?

I tested the snippet using Python 2.3 on a Win2K box and it works fine ("Hello Fred" does not match) on this combination. It would be terrible if word boundary matching behaviour did vary from platform to platform. I
will check the regex on Python 2.2 on my Linux box at home and see what gives.

>Good work.
Thanks. :-)
Tarun