[thelist] Testing for Popup Blockers

Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant) ETarun at blr.cognizant.com
Fri Sep 12 02:28:06 CDT 2003

The window.open() function returns a reference to the new window. So, if a popup buster blocks it, I am haphazarding a guess that it returns null.

So you could maybe check for null (using javascript ofcourse) and then either alert() the user or use window.location.href to the error page.

Hope that helps,
Tarun