[thelist] Re: font size

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 09:20:43 CDT 2003

Hmm. You don't see this problem at all. I see it everywhere. Actually,
we all see it at the company I work for. So now I am wondering if it
has something to do with our company's browsers. I have heard that some
companies modify the IE browser in some ways for security and other
purposes. Our company has done this. The browsers we all use have our
company logo instead of the IE logo in the top right corner. I don't
know what else they've done other than that, but I do vaguely recall a
few years ago we were all having a problem with something and our
modified browsers were suspected as being the culprit. So perhaps there
is something else going on here.

Unfortunately, that doesn't solve anything. Even though we are a
software company, our employees are just as novice as the most novice
Internet users out there, and when they see these types of things
happen they freak out. It's cooky, but I often have to design for the
Project Manager and CTO who have the strangest ideas about usability
and what looks right, but I don't get to design for the end users (?!).

Thanks
Diane