[thelist] Getting back 3d input borders?

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Sat Sep 13 14:54:23 CDT 2003

I've got a webpage with an embedded forum. The page is subject to two
stylesheets:  page.css and forum.css, defined in that order. In page.css, I have
the following:

--
input, textarea {
  font-family: "Verdana", "Helvetica", sans-serif;

In forum.css, I have:

--
table input {
  font-size: 9pt;

This works because the forum is contained in the only <table> in the page.
Anyway, my question:

The first stylesheet sets the input borders to 1px-wide white lines, giving them
a "flat" look instead of the default 3d inset look (or standard blue border on
XP). For my forum, I want to get the default look back, but the above just
doesn't seem to be working. I've tried setting background-color to other things
as well, but the control never gets its default look back.

How do I do something like this?

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster [Ballsome.com]