[thelist] counting frequency of distinct values in MSSQL

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Sat Sep 13 23:15:50 CDT 2003

Howdy,

I would add MS Office files to that list, DOC, XLS, PPT, etc.  These files can
contain macros that fire when the file is opened.  If possible, block these
files and files with other extensions on the list at the firewall or MTA.  I
know a lot of people send Office files around all day at work, so I suggest
folks zip or otherwise compress MS Office files sent by email.

I don't know of a case where a virus or worm spread as a compressed attachment,
and if there was such a case, the process of uncompressing gives the user an
extra moment to consider the source of the email and if this is something they
really want to open.

Good tip, Joshua

-Sean G.

"I'd like to bury my face in two dozen 'Krispy Kreme' glazed donuts & just
lie there & think about Hello Kitty!"--Zippy