[thelist] Dynamic intranet site

Francois & Norma Ladousse monaghan at noos.fr
Sun Sep 14 02:39:54 CDT 2003

Dear all,

I'm currently building a new intranet site with all content stocked in a
database. Each page will be indexed: title, body, relations between pages,
keywords, etc...). I plan to create one master page (index.asp) and simply
display, in the right sections, the data directly from the DB, as well as
the breadcrumb trail & list of related pages.

First question: Is the the way to go? Can you suggest other ways?

Second question: Some of the body sections will contain ASP code (either
extractions from another DB or search functions) and so far the server
either ignores the code completely or refuses to display the page at all. Is
there a way around this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Norma