[thelist] [CSS] - text wrapping up, not down?

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Mon Sep 15 18:35:11 CDT 2003

> 83 pixels my friend, or enough room for 3 lines of wrapping header text
> - I think Tony Crockford may be on to something with the vertical-align:
> bottom thing - is this well supported?

more or less, yes --
http://devedge.netscape.com/library/xref/2003/css-support/css1/mastergrid.html

i haven't tested your weird layout myself, but something tells me that your
graphic designer will not be too pleased with the large gap when headings
don't actually wrap --

................breadcrumb
................short heading

versus when they do --

................breadcrumb
................a much longer

i would really love to see even a comp if not a working html model of this
graphic design

the 83 pixels is a bit of a red flag too

i haven't met very many pixel-perfect designs that don't break when i visit
them

rudy