SV: [thelist] Development platform

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Sep 17 07:44:30 CDT 2003

This is something which is going to vary wildly from person to person, depending upon what sort of development they work with. Myself I've been using the same tools for several years now as my requireents have not changed very much during that time.

At work I use Homesite as an editor, developing ASP pages using IIS and MS SQL.
At home (play??) I use Homesite still, but develop using PHP on Apache with mySQL.

Other common tools for me include Photoshop, and Google (as a reference work - that could be considered a tool right??).

But at the end of the day, people use what is right for the specific job they are doing.

http://www.cookstour.org

Ever wanted to adopt a cuddly alien?
Visit the Alien Adoption Agency!

http://www.alienaa.com/cgi-bin/c.fcgi?id=167469