[thelist] Laptop - Web Design Wishlist

Jono Young Jono at brookgroup.com
Wed Sep 17 13:08:07 CDT 2003

I'd recommend the PowerBook 17"  The G5 most likely won't make it to Apple's
laptop for quite some time.  Apple is still committed to Motorola, which
makes the G4 chips, so I think it will be a good long while before the G5
hits laptops.  Also, getting the heat of the G5 cool enough to run in a
laptop is a big challenge that must be over come first.  The G5 desktop
systems have 8 0r 9 fans in them to keep the G5 running cool, and fitting
that many fans into a laptop is near impossible...even for Apple.  Apple
just released a new line of laptops, which will meet the requirements you
listed.  The G4 line of laptops all have a beautiful screens, and enough
power to drive what ever application you need.  You never know what Apple is
going to do next, so don't be surprised to hear shortly after your final
decision that they have put out a G5 laptop.

--
Jono Young
Designer/Illustrator