[thelist] XHTML and CSS

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Thu Sep 18 09:43:55 CDT 2003

Dear all

I have a website design that consists of the following component parts:

| Header (site logo, banners etc.)                |
| Nav  | Body (content)                           |
| Imgs |                                          |
|      |                                          |
|      |                                          |
|      |                                          |
|      |                                          |
|      |                                          |
|      |                                          |
| Footer (links, CR etc)                          |

It is currently using many and varied nested tables for layout page to
page, with bits of inline CSS here and there intermingled with HTML
formatting. How should I change it to an XHTML compliant table-less
layout?

Should I have three divs with two spans nested in the middle one? Is a
div necessary for the middle section, or should I sandwich the two spans
between the two divs? Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards

Chris Marsh

---