[thelist] Search Engine Placement

Sarah poohbear at designshift.com
Thu Sep 18 12:54:40 CDT 2003

>Sarah,
>
>Nice advice, but not useful in this case as the page is really non-existant,
>not just there but not indexable.
>
>Google will drop the page from its index at its convenience.
>
>That link is a really good tip, btw.
>
><tip type="Google" author="Sarah Sweeney">
>You can remove obsolete pages from the Google index here:
>http://www.google.com/remove.html
></tip>

Joshua,

Thanks for making it a tip - here's an even better one :)

<tip type="Google" author="Sarah Sweeney">
You can request that Google immediately remove obsolete pages from their
index here:
http://www.google.com/remove.html#outdated
They say it takes about 3-5 days, but I've had success with this in as
little as 24 hours.
</tip>