[thelist] Two Extranets ... Same Intranet?

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Sep 19 10:07:43 CDT 2003

Hello,

Here's today's issue. ;-\

http://www.thermon.com points to www.thermon.com
http://inside.thermon.com points to www.thermon.com
http://rep.thermon.com points to www.thermon.com

This is great. However when you add the 's' to the 'http' you get our
extranets:

https://inside.thermon.com points to inside.thermon.com. Good.
https://rep.thermon.com points to inside.thermon.com. Not Good.

The Rep.Thermon.com should point to a totally different extranet, but it
points to our first one instead. I have all 3 sites set up on our server.
All of them have "All-Unassigned" IP's (AT&T and our DNS Server handles the
pointing). They all also have the appropriate host headers. Since our
"inside" extranet was set up first, it assumes the port 80 and SSL 443 to be
extranet it is. We added the "rep" later, on the same ports. It's supposed
to be pointing to a different site.

What's going on here?

Rob Smith