[thelist] CSS-How to get checkbox without 'indent'?

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Fri Sep 19 11:53:59 CDT 2003

Jay Blanchard on Friday, September 19, 2003 12:22 PM said:

: Howdy group,
:
: I know that I have seen this somewhere before, now I am trying to
: do it and cannot find it. For the INPUT selector I want to create
: a class for checkbox where the checkbox only has a 1px border
: around it without the usual fomat of the checkbox (the little
: indented box). Here is my descriptor for that so far
:
: INPUT.checkbox{
: 	font-family: courier;
: 	border: 1px solid;
: 	background-color : transparent;
: }
:
: But this still displays the little indented box. Anyone have a
: quick solution?
:
: TVMIA!

You just left out the border-color.  the shorthand for border won't
have an affect without it:

border: 1px solid green;

and that should do it.

hth,