[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Vol 7, Issue 41

Cayley Vos cvos at netpaths.net
Fri Sep 19 13:05:45 CDT 2003

MySQL can be configured to accept remote connections, so the db can be setup
on a different server than the webserver.  You need root access to configure
MySQL for this.  There are security / speed issues here and it seems like a
complex solution   to a simple one:  change hosts.

>  non-MySQL website connecting to a MySQP enabled site to take advantage of
> the database features.

> I have my own stuff hosted on a server that *does* support MySQL/etc. I had
> originally asked if it was possible to set it up so that a script on the
> earthlink site could access the database on my site.

Cayley Vos, Principal
office: 310-372-3086
cell: 360-303-0150
http://netpaths.net