[thelist] Search engine positioning, daily content

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 09:44:21 CDT 2003

At 13:25 23/09/2003, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
Hi

A couple of people said on this list that updating your website content
regularly was a key to getting a good search engine position.

Depends on how the engine works

Is the idea to submit to the search engines every day then, or is there
some other magic that allows search engines to sense that you're updating
every day?

I think there might be an expires HTML tag? can you force a revisit???????

And even then, I still wouldn't understand why daily updates would make
you appear higher up the list .. is there any reason for it?

You need to consider what pulls a particular search engines wires.........

I have always considered accessibility as a matter of priority and ensure
a link to every page exists from the root ... but I don't do no funny
stuff only HTML CGI and SSI ;)

...and I am not really interested in ranking only accessibility for
specific phrases or searches

Cheers