[thelist] javascript for expand/collapse list (aka tree view)

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DSI/SICOR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Sep 25 06:44:51 CDT 2003

> de Sarah
> Envoye : mercredi 24 septembre 2003 15:34
>
> Stephanie,

Stephan*e* is male in this country. No offense taken, don't worry ;-)

> I'm not sure if you're still interested, or if this will meet
> your needs,
> but I just modified my script, which was modified from Tom's
> (which was
> modified from someone else's - isn't the web great?), so that
> it uses a +/-
> as the expand/collapse link. You can check it out here:
> http://sarah.designshift.com/js/expand-collapse-tree.html

I'm still interested but from a markup point of view imagine someone coming to the page with javascript disabled... The result is inactive and hidden (which is the drawback of the version I have done on our intranet too).

I think I'll stick to <http://inspire.server101.com/js/xc/> and develop from there, giving due credit to Ben Boyle.

(of course if the Powers that be have not decided as of tomorrow that they want drop-down rather than collapsible... it's in the air, mind you... ;-))

Thanks anyway Sarah.

s t e f (aka notabene aka "yes I'm a boy" ;-))
http://evolt.org/user/notabene/22696/
http://www.nota-bene.org/