[thelist] Dublin Core Metadata Initiative

Tony Grimes lists at tonygrimes.com
Wed Sep 24 17:58:29 CDT 2003

A client just asked me if I could move their website over to the Dublin Core
standard. Support was negligible when I first heard about DC a few years
ago, so I forgot about it.

Do any of you know if support has increased at all? Since my client is
heavily involved with XML, I'd like to try supporting it, but I don't see
any point if there isn't any software out there to use the information.

Right now I don't really see the benefit, except for maybe the marketing
hype we can put in the brochure.

What do you guys think? Are any of you using DC?

Tony