[thelist] ftp synchronization tool

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Sep 26 13:45:17 CDT 2003

not to flog the dead horse, but BeyondCompare gives you a choice of
comparison criteria to determine what constitutes a file change. The
default is the timestamp (with timezone accomodations), but you can do a
binary or text, rules based comparison.
A rules-based comparison on 1000s of files will take a while - I had a
project recently that involved regular merges of almost 1GB in tens of
thousands of files - and it took maybe 20 minutes to compare. But it
worked.

saying that, I've not done the automation and scheduling you're asking
for, I've only looked over the scripting docs to confirm that most of
what I'd want to do is supported.

Sam