[thelist] storing japanese in mysql (or pgsql)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Sep 29 16:37:00 CDT 2003

Hi.

I'm working on a small study aid for myself (and anyone else that wants
to use it) and I could really use the ability to store Japanese
characters in a MySQL or pgsql db. Right now I've created a very large
array.

What I'd like to do is have a form that will allow me to add new
characters whenever needed. So far my attempts at this have failed. It
always seems that the extended characters get turned into their html
entity equivalents before they are inserted into the db.

I'm using euc-jp as the character set.

I'm pretty much lost with this. Anyone have experience with this that
they'd like to share? (on or off list is fine.)

Thanks,
Chris.