[thelist] Simple CGI Languages

mike karthauser mikek at brightstorm.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 05:05:22 CDT 2003

on 30/9/03 2:00 am, Mark Groen at mark at markgroen.com wrote:

> If you want a really easy language to learn though, you owe it to
> yourself to learn PHP if it's available with your web host. The
> documentation at http://www.php.net/ is really extensive, so much
> documentation that if you happen to join their "list" and submit a
> question that could be answered easily in the Docs, you'll get flamed to
> rtfm. If you know JavaScript, PHP will come along pretty easy for you
> and you will be fine with online manual. I got my start with a book
> called Core PHP Programming by Leon Atkinson, ISBN: 0-13-020787-X that
> contains a lot of examples and code that you can start using right away.

I'll second the php recommendation. I was hacking perl for a few years until
I discovered the ease of php. Its made life a whole load easier - we got
cms, maillists, catalogue systems all built using php and mysql. I've been
phping for a year now and would be skint without it.

--
Mike Karthauser
Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd

Email       >> mikek at brightstorm.co.uk